In January, SHO hosted the second Suburban Health Organization Board and Leadership Retreat. This retreat was designed for the hospital board members as well as physician and hospital leadership.
The purpose of this one-day retreat was to:
- Hear from national speaker on “Systemness” and Integration
- Learn about the key strategic initiatives for SHO in 2019
- Engage in an interactive discussion with peers about the greatest challenges facing our hospitals
- Discuss how collaboration through SHO can best address those challenges.
Along with SHO’s executive team, consultants and business partners from Sg2, Blue & Co., and Hall Render led interactive sessions to discuss shared strategies and goals based on the results of a pre-retreat survey. That survey asked participants about their priorities, obstacles facing their hospitals, and long-term visions for their hospitals.
With the expertise of our speakers and attendee involvement, we were able to achieve the following goals for our Board and Leadership Retreat:
- Increase awareness of the challenges facing our hospitals
- Identify common opportunities that can best be achieved by working together through SHO
- Affirm that our strategies will best position us to capitalize on the opportunities
- Build stronger relationships among our Members
- Develop a Shared Vision for 2022 to help guide strategic planning for the next three years
Overall, 96% of attendees responding to the event survey felt that the retreat met the goals stated for the day, and 97% felt that it was a good use of the time.
We are excited to continue moving forward with the ideas generated at the retreat and incorporating them into SHO’s strategy to support the hospitals!