Suburban Health Organization (SHO) works to identify, evaluate and disseminate best practice tactics that maximize the performance of its partnered hospitals in Population Health contracts. These engagements include a traditional Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organization, Medicare Advantage plan participation and commercial value-based payment partnerships. At the forefront of these activities are efforts to enhance the wellness of our patients and to optimize value in clinical operations. As such, Suburban Health Organization works to position its hospital members and the patients they serve for success under risk-based reimbursement models.
Specifically, Suburban Health Organization’s scope of Population Health activities includes:
- Building knowledge of the Population Health framework and competencies across SHO partner Hospitals
- Convening clinical and operational affinity groups
- Interfacing with managed care entities
- Recommending educational opportunities around Population Health concepts
- Prioritizing opportunities for improvement
- Guiding operational planning for clinical improvement.
- Evaluating and disseminating successful innovations across SHO partner Hospitals
- Facilitating mutual accountability between Hospitals
- Identifying areas of risk / barriers to achieving strategic goals
- Recommending analytic dashboarding and benchmark reporting standards for SHO partner Hospitals