Suburban Health ACO Achieves $7.2 Million Savings
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced the 2015 performance year results for the Medicare Shared Savings Program and the Pioneer Accountable Care Organization Model that show physicians, hospitals and health care providers participating in Accountable Care Organizations continue to make significant improvements in the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries, while achieving cost savings.
In 2015, Medicare Accountable Care Organizations had combined total program savings of $466 million. Suburban Health ACO generated a savings of $7.2 million for its more than 16,000 beneficiaries.
“The Suburban Health ACO hospitals and their physicians are committed to providing the highest quality of care to their patients. This commitment goes beyond the walls of their facilities and supports their efforts to increase the overall health of their communities,” said Dave Lippincott, Executive Director of Suburban Health ACO and President of Suburban Health Organization. “It takes a lot of time, energy, and involvement from staff at all levels to make this type of positive impact for patients. We are excited to be a part the program and are encouraged by our first year results.”
Participating hospitals include Hancock Regional Hospital (Greenfield, IN), Hendricks Regional Health (Danville, IN), Henry Community Health (New Castle, IN), Johnson Memorial Health (Franklin, IN), and Witham Health Services (Lebanon, IN).
Click here to read the press release.
Welcome to the Newest Physicians in the SHO Family
The following physicians worked through SHO Physician Recruitment and have recently been hired into the SHO family. For a complete list of physicians and nurse practitioners who have begun practicing as part of the SHO family, click here.
- Gary Boog joins the clinical team at Johnson Memorial Health. Mr. Boog is a Physician Assistant.
- Ashely Boyer joins the team at Hendricks Regional Health. Ms. Boyer is a Nurse Practitioner.
- Phyllis Harmon, Nurse Practitioner, joins the clinical team at Johnson Memorial Health.
- Mindy Ho, MD joins Hendricks Regional Health. Dr. Ho is a General Surgeon.
- Joe Hui, MD joins Riverview Health to practice Sports Medicine.
- Jeffrey Klak, MD joins Riverview Health to practice Family Medicine.
- Jenny Lee, Nurse Practitioner, joins Johnson Memorial Health.
- Nancy Marshall, MD joins Witham Health Services as a Hospitalist.
- Ann Mattingly, MD joins Hendricks Regional Health as a Breast Surgeon.