SHO Hospitals Launch myVirtualHealthVisit
Nine SHO hospitals are launching a new service to provide telehealth services to patients in partnership with American Well. The new service, myVirtualHealthVisit, will allow patients to connect with doctors for video visits over mobile and web, extending patient access to quality care. myVirtualHealthVisit will launch with a focus on urgent care visits via each hospital's customized virtual practice. Over time the SHO hospitals plan to use the platform for additional specialties and services.
In a recent study, American Well found the following statistics related to patient interest and readiness to use telehealth services:
- 65 percent of consumers would see their primary care provider over video
- 20 percent of consumers would switch doctors to one that offers telehealth visits if their current primary care provider does not
- 60 percent of consumers who are willing to have an online telehealth visit would see a doctor online for help managing a chronic condition
Hospitals involved in the partnership include Hancock Health, Hendricks Regional Health, Henry Community Health, Johnson Memorial Health, Major Health Partners, Margaret Mary Health, Riverview Health, Rush Memorial Hospital, and Witham Health Services.
to read the full press release.
to learn more about myVirtualHealthVisit.
to download a copy of the American Well 2017 Consumer Telehealth Index.
Welcome to the Newest Physicians in the SHO Family
The following physicians worked through SHO Physician Recruitment and have recently been hired into the SHO family. For a complete list of physicians and nurse practitioners who have begun practicing as part of the SHO family, click here.
- Edris Ayoubi, MD joins Hancock Regional Hospital in Greenfield. Dr. Ayoubi is a Hospitalist.
- Harold Hibbs, MD joins the team at Major Health Partners in Shelbyville. Dr. Hibbs is a Hospitalist.
- Susan Murphy, MD joins Johnson Memorial Health to practice Internal Medicine in Franklin.
- Thomas Servers joins the clinical team at Margaret Mary Health in Batesville. Mr. Severs is a CRNA.
- Adam Smalley, MD joins the team at Hancock Regional Hospital in Greenfield. Dr. Smalley is a Hospitalist.
- Kristina Wang, MD joins Margaret Mary Health in Batesville. Dr. Wang is a Pediatrician.