SHO congratulates graduates of the second Physician Leadership Series, held on June 12, 2018. Twenty-one physicians and a nurse practitioner from Hancock Health, Henry Community Health, Major Health Partners, Riverview Health, Rush Memorial Hospital, and Witham Health Services successfully completed the series.
SHO’s Physician Leadership Series introduced participants to collaboration concepts in bringing medicine, management, and leadership skills together. It provided a well-rounded introduction to financial, strategic, and leadership topics. The series included nine sessions over an 18-month period. National and local guest speakers presented on physician leadership, finance, emotional intelligence, informatics, population health, risk management, patient safety, value-based purchasing, consumer growth, health law, continuous improvement, and negotiation.
SHO’s Continuing Education program has also added several new events to those available for providers across the SHO hospitals. In addition to the new events, we’ve added more types of continuing education credits to address the needs of nurses and social workers as well as physicians.
Palliative Care Quarterly Webinar Series
- The first session, Palliative Care Primer: What’s the Difference was held on June 6th.
- The next webinar is October 3rd at noon; Breaking Bad News: Saying Things Nobody Wants to Hear, presented by Jeannie Crowe, MSN.
- This series offers CMEs and Social Worker Credits, and an application has been filed for CNEs for nurses.
- The first presentation will be December 18th, and a second presentation will be conducted in 2019, exact date to be determined.
- Both presentations will offer CMEs and ABIM MOC (internal medicine) points. We are filing for CNEs (nurses) and AAFP (family medicine) credits.
Additions to the Online Education Library
- Palliative Care Primer: What’s the Difference presented by Jeannie Crowe (CMEs and Social Worker credits offered. CNE application will be filed.)
- The 2018 Indiana Legislative Session Update & What is on the Horizon for 2019 presented by Julie Halbig and Cindy Kirchhofer (CMEs and Social Worker credits offered. CNE application will be filed.)
For more information about these programs and other Continuing Education opportunities, please visit cme.suburbanhealth.com.